Sports rehabilitation is at the heart of Integrative Chiropractic. With an array of services available, you can get the customized care you need to perform at your highest levels and achieve your goals.
We’ll help restore the proper function and movement to your body without the use of surgical procedures or pain medications. The solutions we may recommend to you are sports chiropractic care, functional rehabilitation, physiotherapy, soft tissue therapies, Kinesio Taping®, RockTape and RockBlades.request an appointment
Common Injuries Treated
If you’re active, injury isn’t uncommon. All injuries, however, require proper care for you to heal. The various issues we’ve helped our patients with include
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Knee pain
- Low back pain including radiating leg pain
- Plantar fasciitis or heel pain
- Shoulder pain
- Soft tissue injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Tennis elbow
- Whiplash or other neck pain
Sports Rehabilitation Solutions
Your individualized care plan is based on your wants and what your body requires. The treatment options we offer include
- Kinesio Tape and RockTape: This kinesiology process can aid those with plantar fasciitis, low back pain and sciatica by lifting skin from muscle. As a result, the muscles decompress, and you feel less pain. Dr. Palazzo is a certified RockTape provider, well-versed in the taping techniques that will return you to a healthy state.
- Diversified Technique: This common chiropractic method involves high-velocity, low-amplitude thrusts. It’s designed to reduce the underlying discomfort in the spine.
- Soft Tissue Technique: Many techniques are available to work on the body’s soft tissues, including Active Release Techniques®, Graston and RockBlades. It’s an excellent option to treat neck and back pain, reducing swelling and improving healing.
- Massage Therapy: Therapeutic massage is effective in reducing inflammation and swelling of the muscles. Techniques such as trigger point therapy address specific points, and we may also use cross-friction massage, nerve mobilization, active inhibitory resistance and post-isometric relaxation.
- Rehabilitative Exercises: These exercises reduce swelling and pain while teaching joints and muscles how to work properly. They’ll be customized to meet your needs, correcting movement dysfunction and getting you back to your sport as quickly as possible.
- Physiotherapy: Massage, therapeutic exercises, mechanical traction, moist heat, cryotherapy, ultrasound and interferential electrical muscle stimulation can get to the heart of your problem and prevent future issues.
Even More Solutions
In addition to the above solutions, we offer spinal and postural screenings. We can also provide lifestyle advice to assist in improving your body’s performance abilities on the field or court. You can benefit from customized orthotic supports to correct postural imbalances. Nutritional counseling is of use to many of our athletic patients, making the dietary changes and taking the supplements needed to increase your health and speed healing.